Although I am not directly involved with Linux, I know we started out with
Suse on zLinux, but now are RedHat. Our external Linux servers are also
RedHat so that all of our Linux images are the same no matter what
platform.

Dave Kutz

"Daniel A. McLaughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
10/31/2006 08:10 AM
Please respond to
"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Linux Experiences?

Looks like the Linux under VM project is about to kick off. The user wants

to move an Oracle application onto our Z/890 using that scenario.

Out of curiosity, is there a preponderance of one Linux over another under

VM? One of the Redbooks discusses SUSE, other signs point towards Redhat.

Daniel McLaughlin
Z-Series Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company
4680 N. Royal Atlanta
Tucker GA 30084
phone: 770-621-3256
fax: 770-621-3237
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.crawfordandcompany.com

This transmission is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure.

If you are not the named addressee, you are NOT authorized to read, print,

retain, copy or disseminate this communication, its attachments or any
part of them. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this communication from all
computers.