Does anyone know about using the SUBSYS alloc key in BPXWDYN?

is it supported?

I am trying to dynamically allocate something like this DD card

//INVOICE2   DD SUBSYS=(B93Z,X001,PDF,,,,,'ASCII=YES','FILEEXT=PDF')

i have tried calling it with this..

ALLOC FI(INVOICE2) SUBSYS(B93Z,X001,PDF,,,,,'ASCII=YES','FILEEXT=PDF')

without success . e.g.

>IBM0236S  ONCODE=93  The UNDEFINEDFILE condition was raised
>         because the operating system was unable to OPEN the file
>         Subcode1=53  Subcode2=00000000  (FILE= BETA1).
>         From entry point B_MAIN_PROCESSING at statement 1030 at compile

its called from a PL/1 db2 stored procedure, running in a WLM address
space

The IBM docs are either out of date or unclear ( or unfindable (by me)!)

any ideas most welcome!