Thanks to everyone who responsed to our Receive Order problem.

We added GLOBALTCPIPDATA, GLOBALIPNODES, and COMMONSEARCH for RESOLVER.
It fixed the problem and our Receive Order ran fine.

Also, we authorized the PING command by added it to AUTHCMD in IKJTSOxx.

Dick

Very helpful information from Chris Mason -

Because IPv4 with NOCOMMONSEARCH, the default, requires the creation of the
HOSTS.ADDRINFO and HOSTS.SITEINFO files from the HOSTS.LOCAL file using the
MAKESITE utility - which is very irritating - specifying the COMMONSEARCH
"resolver setup statement" and using an "ipnodes" formatted data set -
which
can be edited and used straight away is massively to be preferred. But
"chacun à son goût".

Still keeping in mind why we are here, Dick may succeed once he has got
access to the public name servers sorted out[1]. However if there is still
some hang-up over using name servers, he may prefer to use a local file, at
least in the interim, in which he may wish to use a local file. If he sets
himself up to use the "ipnodes" format in, say, TCPIP.ETC.IPNODES, he can
set up minimally the statement

207.25.253.62 inetsd01.boulder.ibm.com

Well, I checked back and actually, whatever is in the file which Dick
specified in the SYSTCPD DD-statement works since, although the PING
failed,
the name lookup succeeded. It's just a matter of specifying that file as
the
universal "client data file" (TCPIP.DATA) using the GLOBALTCPIPDATA
"resolver setup statement" - and everything should work.

 Chris Mason