Great!  I've been hitting the same wall for the last two days.  Same reason
as everyone else.

After some fumbling, I finally figured out it was the /tmp filesystem
causing the problem.

I created a new one with 2500 cylinders primary, and 500 cylinder
secondaries <G>.  Mounted it at the /tmp mountpoint.

The problem dataset (first one) is the SMPPTS.  Get past that and everything
else should be no problem.

Great list!  First I've heard of the SMPWKDIR file.  I'll use it next time.

P.S.  J. E. and crew....Can you include that thing in the next ServerPac
release?