In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 11/02/2006
   at 09:43 PM, Lindy Mayfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Correct me, please, if I am wrong, but if you telnet to port 25 you
>get to TSO, but if you rlogin to port 513 you get to USS.  No?

No. Unformatted System Services[1][2] determines what application you
get connected to. You need to check USSTAB et al for your
installation. You probably have one port for TN3270 and another for
vanilla TELNET. The port for TN3270 might take you to TSO, it might
take you to a session manager and it might take you somewhere else.

[1] Unix System Services is not USS.

[2] Well, the TCP/IP equivalent, but it's the same structure.