Rats!  New terminal emulator --  I keep fumbling things into
the list.

In a recent note, Gilbert Saint-Flour said:

> Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:16:44 -0500
>
> The system closes DCBs at end-of-task.

I had been unaware of such task ownership of DCBs.  I bow to
your expertise.  But I suspect that somehow SMP/E (or perhaps
IEBCOPY) is completing without closing some DCB.  I need to
investigate more.

> I'm not sure what SYSCALL would buy you.

"SYSCALL spawn" with _BPX_SHAREAS=NO creates a separate address
space.  This should be plenty isolation.  Also plenty interface
coding that I'd prefer to avoid.

I might just try rearranging the logic to FREE the DDNAME before
waitpid for the awk process.  If FREE fails (because of the
suspected open DCB) I'll just "kill -TERM" the awk process.

> How do you invoke GIMSMP from an exec ?  Via CALL ?  LINKPGM?

CALL.  I had thought it had to be CALL for AUTHPGM to work.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL