Jerry Ragland wrote:
Hi all,

We have our new CICS TS 3.1 installed in our z/OS 1.4 system and I have
included the **.SDFHLPA member in to the LPALSTxx member of the
SYS1.PARMLIB
to load the new modules in to the LPA area.

I IPLed the machine and I found the new members are not loaded in to the
LPA
and the new CICS is throwing errors because of that. Then I found CLPA
should be specified to make a fresh load happen in the LPA area. In the
internet I found that r 0,CLPA should be given for this message "IEA101A
SPECIFY SYSTEM PARAMETERS" during the IPL, but I didnt get this message
during the IPL.

Please let me know is there any other ways I can enable CLPA. Also in
the
IEASYSAW member I can see CLPA mentioned -

CLOCK=00,                     SELECT CLOCK00
CLPA,
CMB=(UNITR,COMM,GRAPH,CHRDR), ADDITIONAL CMB ENTRIES

Is there anything I can do to check whether the last IPL was CLPA
enabled
and if its not enabled how to enable it.

No IEA101A message - it depends on IMSI character in Load parameters on HMC. You have to change this parameter. I'd suggest 'T': ccuullTn (ccuu - disk addr, ll - LOAD suffix, T - the letter, n - usually 1, IEANUC suffix).

CLPA in IEASYS - it causes LPA refresh. It seem *this* IEASYS was not taken during IPL.
You cannot "do CLPA" without IPL.

IMHO the best way is to put CLPA into IEASYS00 and forget the problem. Overhead is small.

HTH
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland