Did you read the Pricing Reference Guide (Ed Jaffe provided the link).

The authors are very positive to feedback I have noticed myself.
Of course if you don't like lots of options the content may not be pleasant :-)

You are welcome to route feedback thru me if needed.

Birger Heede
IBM

R.S. wrote:
McKown, John wrote:
Does anybody have a URL where I can go to get an overview of the various
licensing for z/OS software from IBM? No, I don't want to contact IBM
marketting. No, I don't want them to contact me either. I just need the
overview.

I know there is MSU based. But there is also "usage" based that I need
more information on. And licensing on multiple CECs as well. PSLC?

IMHO this is one of the most complicated things in mainframe world. <vbg>

Unfortunately it is NOT well explained. My impression is this is intentionally kept complicated.

Part (most?) of the software is MSU-based, but not all.
Part of MSU-based software is eligible for WLC (usage-based).
Even for WLC, there is some constant base, but the base is dependent on your configuration: in single CEC or "qualified parallel sysplex" you pay for single base, while in multi-CEC you pay the bases separately.
Of course the variable part is not linearly dependent on MSU value.
The pricing formulas are not published.

There are also special licensing programs for small installations, new customers, developers, etc.