On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:48:44 -0600, Tom Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:18:26 -0600, Jerry Ragland wrote:
>
>>in IEASYSAW LPA is given as DB. In the LPALSTDB file the **.SDFHLPA is
>>added correctly.
>>
>>LPALSTDB file -
>>
>>SYS1.SICELPA,
>>SYS1.CICSTS31.CICS.SDFHLPA(DSK32E),
>>CICSTS22.CICS.SDFHLPA(S4CIC1),
>>.
>
>What were the error messages, if any, issued during the IPL for that bad
>syntax (member name specified on a LPALSTxx input record)?
>
>I suspect that perhaps neither of those SDFHLPA files were actually
>included in your working PLPA, which would explain your issue.
>
>There is no way to specify a single member on an LPALSTxx input record.  If
>you want a specific load module included (as an override) you could move it
>to a unique dataset, or use MLPA to override the PLPA copy.  What you did,
>however, won't work.

Tom,

Those aren't member names, they are volser names.  There is nothing
wrong with the syntax.  It's required if the DSN is not in the master
catalog. IIRC this has been allowed since OS/390 1.3.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group - GITO