Currently most of our HSM work is going to an IBM virtual tape system.  We
are in the process of migrating off of IBM and going to STK.  To get a
jump on this we decided we would add the STK Virtual Tape drives to the
Esoteric that's currently used by for the IBM VTS.  When we did this HSM
had a problem.  Below is the message.

ARC0103I INVALID SETSYS PARAMETER INVALID USER UNIT  656
ARC0103I (CONT.) TABLE ENTRY, UNITNAME=VTAPE CONTAINS INCOMPATIBLE
ARC0103I (CONT.) DEVICES
ARC0103I INVALID SETSYS PARAMETER USER UNIT TABLE  657
ARC0103I (CONT.) CREATE FAILED,THERE ARE NO VALID USER UNIT TABLE
ARC0103I (CONT.) ENTRIES

Is there a way to get around this? Is it because the STK VSM and IBM VTS
cannot be in the same esoteric?  It doesn't make sense to me but hope
somebody can help here...