In a message dated 11/15/2006 8:48:52 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

computer  students take card punch class, just so we'd know what it was
like in case  they were still in use in business when we graduated......
This was in the  early 80's.

What I remember it was the successor to RAX. Big improvement over cards,  but
somebody dropped the APL ball and couldn't motor for two days...some where
the Tektronic came into play and was able to do graphics interactively although
 maybe it was a dialup connection. Still beat cards to  pieces.