>We are running OS/390 2.10 - we "stabilized" a long time ago.  We have
>never required a console logon; but are now considering it.  Any opinions
>or experiences on the merits?

Hi Cheryl,

It depends on how secure is your operating room and how your operators work. If
there are several operators running dozens of lpars and issuing commands
on several systems at same time you might end up with one logon being used by
everyone else in the shift and loosing the control expected by using console
logon. In my opinion console logon should be used whenever possible to
complement operator's room physical security, but sometimes - as in the example
above - it's just not practical and in that case another external controls
would better replace or complement console logon; console security has much
more to
do with operator's organization, training and education than anything else.

Walter Trovijo Jr.