From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Choate, Bill
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Moving LOADxx

I'm not sure what you mean by maintain production integrity, but if it
is to totally separate datasets for your production and sandbox LPARs
that sounds right.  If that is what want to accomplish I would start by
asking why do you need separate SYSx.IPLPARMs and IODFs?  Is this a
management mandate or an audit requirement or just the way it has always
been done?  I have a mirrored volume that has my SYS0.IPLPARM and my
production IODFs.  I rely on the mirroring to provide the hardware
integrity and so far have not had any problems.  I have multiple LOADxx
members for my two systems (prod and system programmer sandbox) in
SYS0.IPLPARM.  The IODFs are cataloged in shared user catalog which
facilitates access on both systems. This setup has been working for me
for about 10-12 years without any issues.  I don't know if this
accomplishes what you need or not or if it is an option for you, but it
is fairly simple (you know the KISS theory) works for me.

Regards,

Bill