On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 14:25 +0900, Timothy Sipples wrote:

> Speaking of paranoid, what has been your experience with concerns about
> XCF, console, and GRS "risks"? This is for the beginning Parallel Sysplex
> customer: they're thinking that these three base Sysplex features could
> undermine isolation between workloads they want isolated.
>
> Is this a reasonable feeling on their part?

Customer(s) feeling paranoid about letting vendors put all their eggs in
one basket ???.
Personally I'd say that's not unreasonable.

As for workload isolation, I've never had it raised as an issue - maybe
they're thinking WLM ???.

XCF is a comms protocol - generally I don't have much problem convincing
customers this is not a "bad thing".
GRS can normally also be characterised as a benefit.
The rest can be a problem, depending on the paranoia index. I used to
like to use the wizards for initial sizings - meant I could blame IBM
should they be wrong.
May not be a viable option for you of course ....  :0)
Just had another look at the wizards - bit different these days. Maybe
they copped too much flack.

Shane ...