From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Schmidt
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBMLINK and SHOPZSERIES are Both Down

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:08:06 -0500, Petersen, Jim wrote:

>Here we go again.  I love these reliable new tools IBM has given us.
>IBM please take us back to the reliable green screen.

IBMLINK was down this morning, too, then it finally came back after
about
1/2 hour.  It may have been down longer and I only got in on the tail
end.

Did you call IBMLINK Customer Support and open an incident?  I did when
it
happened to me.  (I would NOT want any IBM executive to be able to
truthfully say, "No one has complained to us about stability or
reliability.")

I complained - clearly & carefully.  I went through the whole Dilbert
routine... ("Yes, I have shut down my browser."  "Yes, my browser is
showing me my home page now."  "Yes, I have selected 'clear cache'."
"No,
the APPLY button is not lit - should I select 'OK' now instead?")  While
was on a 2-to-3 minute hold (for the 4th time) I retried it and it
worked.
Then I had to wait for her to come back on the line so I could explain
that, yes, it was finally working NOW but that my company valued
reliability and service more than what was evident from IBMLINK today.
She
said IBM understood that... but they can't prove it to me by the results
so
far.

The incident cost money (lost time) while they diagnosed the issue from
my
end and eventually discovered that the problem was on their end.

My PMR's country code was 999... apparently they don't expect to have
more
than 99,999 open IBMLINK incidents at any given point in time.  (The
IBMLINK PMR format is nnnnn,999.)  With the reliability I've seen lately
would not be so sure the PMR incident number (nnnnn) won't overflow... I

wonder what happens then?

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI

(All that to see that my real CICS PMR has been transferred to Hursley.

Yes!)

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html