Frank Silven wrote:
> Can somebody pls help me with a problem I have when DFSORT reformats a VB
602 file
> to a new VB 612 file having a leading record sequence nr
>
> JCL step:
>
> //SORT03   EXEC   PGM=SORT,PARM='SIZE=MAX',COND=(0,NE)
> //SORTIN   DD DSN=XE01.XE40.GNROSC.DATA,DISP=SHR
> //SORTOUT  DD DSN=XD0113.SAMPLE.V4,DISP=OLD
> //SORTWK01 DD UNIT=DISK,SPACE=(CYL,(25),RLSE)
> //SORTWK02 DD UNIT=DISK,SPACE=(CYL,(25),RLSE)
> //SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
> //SYSIN    DD *
>  OPTION COPY
>  OUTFIL FNAMES=SORTOUT,
>         OUTREC=(1:1,4,
>                 5:SEQNUM,10,ZD,
>                15:5,598),VLFILL=C' '
> /*
> I suspect that the VLFILL option causes all trailing bytes (up to data
byte 608) being filled with blanks. This way all
> resulting output records have a data portion padded with blanks up to
databytepos 608 in the new file.

> However I want DFSORT to automatically adapt the leading 4 byte RDW from
the old RDW + 10 bytes. But i dont want
> the padding up to the max record length! When I omit the VLFILL clause
then i get a DFSORT abend message on the
> first record telling that 40 bytes do not fill up the data portion of 608
bytes....

> Any ideas ? Thanks a lot in advance

To do what you want, you can use:

   OPTION COPY
   OUTFIL FNAMES=SORTOUT,
          OUTREC=(1:1,4,
                  5:SEQNUM,10,ZD,
                 15:5)

5,598 and VLFILL=C' ' tells DFSORT to pad the records.  5 without a length
tells DFSORT to include the bytes from position 5 to the end of
the record without padding .

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/