In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 01/20/2007
   at 11:36 AM, Shane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Wrong.

The Devil is in the details. The issue for zLinux is license terms,
not the ability to submit kernel mods.

>An oops will mark the (entire) kernel as tainted, and will not be
>accepted by the kernel devs unless it can be re-produced
>"untainted".

Again, the Devil is in the details. Why would IBM include a zSeries
module when it sends kernel changes to the kernel developers  unless
those modules were functionally tied to kernel changes? I can see no
reason for IBM to include, e.g., an OSA driver, as part of a submitted
kernel change.