One key issue is Identity Flow - once user authenticated on Linux side -
how can Identity pass across as "already verified" to the z/OS side in
order to be used in authorizations?

Async media like MQ/JMS may not pass Identity transparently - better a
synchronous solution.

CTG, WebSeal , Federated Identity) are some products in the space of
Identity Flow.

Closely related - there is a redbook on using RACF via an LDAP client on
z/Linux - if need to extend RACF to Linux side.

Shmuel Koller