I have checked the manuals and the archives on this and I am still unsure
about mixing the yes and no values for SYNCHRES in a GRSPlex (Basic
sysplex if that matters any).  I need to bring my TEST LPAR into our plex
for testing.  I would rather wait until either our outage weekend next
month to change the value of this on the systems that are already in the
sysplex or until each cuts over to 1.7 but I need to bring the TEST system
up in the plex and test before I can migrate 1.7 to the next system. I see
that I can change the value via the SETGRS command and I guess I could
always code the 1.7 system as SYNCRES=NO for this phase but from the way I
interpret the FM it doesn't seem like it should be a concern.  However,
nothing I found gave a definitive answer.  Does anyone know of any
problems with having two z/OS 1.4 systems with SYNCHRES=NO and a z/OS 1.7
systems with SYNCHRES=YES active in a basic sysplex?  Has anyone run this
way when migrating to 1.7 from 1.4?

Thank you,
Greg