On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 22:47 -0800, Edward Jaffe wrote:

> > That leaves 2 engines for the other 5 LPARs - with at least one having
> > two logical engines defined. Makes for a bad logical~physical ratio.
>
> What is the highest recommended ratio on modern machines?

Pick a (low) number.
For me 2.5:1 would be where things start to get rubbery. Don't know what
the "highest recommended ratio" would be - especially on "modern
machines". Keeping a eye on capture ratio is always worthwhile.

There are other issues of course - GRS ring at high ratios is death.
Ditto for sysplex with CF LPARs rather than true (dedicated) CF engines.
And yes, people still consider it an option.

Shane ...