Gilbert Saint-Flour wrote on 01/29/2007 07:25:01 AM:
> I am looking for a way to tell DFSORT to stop reading the SORTIN
> data set when
> it reaches a record with X'0000' in pos 1-2.  I looked at the latest
DFSORT
> doc but didn't see anything that could help me, other than an E15 exit,
which
> is precisely what I'm trying to stay clear of.  Any idea anyone?

Gilbert,

I can't think of a way to do this in one pass other than with an E15 exit.
But here's a DFSORT/ICETOOL job that will do it in two passes by generating
a STOPAFT=n parameter.  I assumed that you just wanted to copy the records
and that your input file has RECFM=FB and LRECL=80, but the job can be
changed appropriately for other situations.

//S1 EXEC PGM=ICETOOL
//TOOLMSG DD SYSOUT=*
//DFSMSG DD SYSOUT=*
//IN DD DSN=...  input file (FB/80)
//CTL2CNTL DD DSN=&&T1,UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(1,1)),DISP=(,PASS)
//OUT DD DSN=...  output file (FB/80)
//TOOLIN DD *
COPY FROM(IN) TO(CTL2CNTL) USING(CTL1)
COPY FROM(IN) TO(OUT) USING(CTL2)
//CTL1CNTL DD *
  INREC OVERLAY=(81:SEQNUM,8,ZD)
  OUTFIL FNAMES=CTL2CNTL,INCLUDE=(1,2,BI,EQ,X'0000'),
    BUILD=(C' OPTION COPY,STOPAFT=',81,8,80:X)
/*

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/