Jim McAlpine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We have just started down the road of trying
>to invoke java classes from batch COBOL but
>have hit a problem with the 100 character PARM
>field length because we need to specify several
>runtime options such as ENVAR=...., POSIX(ON)
>AND XPLINK(ON) on top of our own parameters.

You can't specify XPLINK(ON) in this fashion
for a COBOL main program.  You have to use
one of the other supported techniques.  If
you want to run a COBOL program with POSIX(ON)
and XPLINK(ON), you should probably be using
something like BPXBATCH that will start your
COBOL main program in a Posix enclave with
environment variables.

The Enterprise COBOL for z/OS Programming Guide
discusses invoking Java from a COBOL main at
URL

<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pdthelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.entcobol4.doc/tpooo12.htm>

Their examples put XPLINK(ON) in the _CEE_RUNOPTS
environment variable.

John R. Grout
[EMAIL PROTECTED]