The reason to compress on the mainframe was to reduce the time needed to
ftp. Trying to ftp 21 MEDIA2 tapes (3490E) worth of data to my PC (over
100Mb ethernet) scares me. I was hoping that since IRRADU00 data is all
character that it would compress very effectively and that I would,
overall, save time. Likely a vain hope.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.