Just for reference... here was your original post:

>From my little knowledge, I prefer not cataloging more datasets than
>necessary in the master. I don't know if this is a wrong positioning. Is it?

Then that is a good practice.  I don't put any data sets in the MCAT
these days that aren't part of the OS.  Since you can use VOLSER for
LNKLST and LPALSTxx, no requirement to.  We still do have a few leftovers
here from days of old with a special ISV HLQ that was used just for
LNKLST / LPALSTxx data sets to put them in the master catalog.  Some
of the groups who install software (other than "MVS") still do this
but I try to get them to rename the data sets to follow the same
standards as their other data sets.  The only downside is needing
to change volsers in PROGxx or LPALSTxx if the data sets are moved
to another volume.  Not a problem for the "MVS" group since our ISV
products go on a volume that is part of the sysres set and are
cataloged with symbolics.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO