Eric Bielefeld wrote:
My question is, will this affect anything? Is there any program products that could be affected by changing the SID? I read the whole chapter in the Init & Tuning Reference, and I didn't see anything that would matter to us.

A lot of sites set SYSNAME=SID so just be aware. Also, some people identify data sets (LNKLST, JES2PARM, etc) using symbolics. So, if you have data sets allocated with the SID then you will need to reallocate them with the correct name.