On 2/6/2007 5:32 PM, Eric Bielefeld wrote:
My question is, will this affect anything? Is there any program products that could be affected by changing the SID? I read the whole chapter in the Init & Tuning Reference, and I didn't see anything that would matter to us.

RACF allows you to specify conditional access list entries for PROGRAM profiles that grant access to run a program WHEN(SYSID(sid)). Changing the SID might affect some users' access to programs on that system if your security administrators have used that capability.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM