On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:34:37 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>But, they claim it's a lot of work to sift through the APAR and pick
>out the non-PE'd (and their associated apply chains).

SMP does most of the work these days.  I'm still confused, though.
I think you said that there were 13 PTFs "bundled" in the APAR, and
some of them were PE.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like
that.  Usually, there are multiple PTFs in the APAR that are
applicable to different releases.  Sometimes there are even PTFs
that apply to different products with coreqs.

Skip thought you neant that the PTF addressed 13 APARS.  That also
seems unlikely to me, though, as he noted, not impossible.

I also wonder why the PTF was so critical.  Is something broken now
that wasn't before the maintenance was applied?  If so, I wonder if
a PE PTF was applied without the PTF that fixed the PE.  If it were
me, I'd want to see the APPLY job or the SMPLOG to find out how the
apply was done.

--
Tom Marchant