I'm one of those sys prog and I really  dislike CA  and have worked with
and installed both and RMM is awful. TMS is the standard that RMM tries to
imitate. Unless price is the issue, TMS wins.
My $0.02

Jack Kelly
LA Systems @ US Courts
x 202-502-2390

John Benik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
02/08/2007 04:18 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
RMM to CA-1 or CA-1 to RMM

Well, it seems we have two directions we can go with our tape management
system.  We have some systems that run CA-1 and some that run RMM.  At
first we stated that we wanted to go to CA-1.  This seems to be what the
majority of people use.  My personnel opinion I like CA-1 much better, I
would like to get some opinions on what people think is the best way to
go.  I know, (because I've been there), most system programmers will
choose RMM...