well, if c/a ever puts ca-1 under datacom, that will make the choice REALLY easy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Benik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: RMM to CA-1 or CA-1 to RMM

Well, it seems we have two directions we can go with our tape management
system.  We have some systems that run CA-1 and some that run RMM.  At
first we stated that we wanted to go to CA-1.  This seems to be what the
majority of people use.  My personnel opinion I like CA-1 much better, I
would like to get some opinions on what people think is the best way to
go.  I know, (because I've been there), most system programmers will
choose RMM...