From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ward, Mike S
Sent: 14 February 2007 02:59
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Dataset Handling

Hello all, I have a small problem and I hoping to get some opinions on
how to handle it. We had some datasets that were renamed, some of these
were loadlib and some proclibs. These were development libs so there
isn't much restriction on the libs themselves, but since some were
proclibs, Jes2 had some jcl issues. What I would like to do or restrict
is:
1. Unless it's a known prefix that we use, I don't want anyone to create
files with any name they come up with. Except for the systems staff.
2. I would like to be able to restrict the renaming or deletion of
certain files.

Please, if you would give some feedback on how you would do this it
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are
not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.