 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
 Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 3:20 PM
 Subject: Re: Time Zone query for remote users API in LE or z/OS for PL/I
programs?

  Hi, Denis.

Did you ever get a solution to your problem of getting time zone information
from a time zone name in PL/I applications? If you have not, I can send you
a PL/I subroutine that we have here that does exactly that.

Have a good one.

DJ

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 04:05:10 -0500, Denis Gäbler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in e.g. Linux there is a way to calculate the timezone for a remote user
based on definitions such as "Europe/Berlin", "North Amerika/Atlanta" and so on.
> This is also possible with Java on z/OS. We would like to eliminate the
maintenance of our current DB2 table, which we query with e.g. "Tokyo" and
the result of the query tells us the offset.
> Is there any other API than Java that supports that mechanism on z/OS? We
need this service in our IMS regions and it would be memory eater to enable
all regions for Java processing just for the sake of running a single statement.

> Thanks in advance
> Denis Gäbler.

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.