With this command below all msgs of console display will be deleted included
a action msg, is not good because many actions of msgs are lost.

K S,DEL=R,RTME=1/4

On 2/16/07, Bob Rutledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On my sandbox, I'd

K S,DEL=R,RTME=1/4

Bob

Ed Long wrote:
> Hi everyone. I recently suffered a console flood caused by the RACFDS
running out of space.
>   This is an ADCD z/OS 1.5 system. The out of space condition appears to
have occurred due to an oddity in how DB2 archive logs were RACF
protected.  Each dataset Db2 created caused RACF to create a matching RACF
profile. The dataset names of course have Date and Time in them so are
unique. It appears to have taken 5.5 years to blow out RACF.  I deleted
the existing profile and created a generic profile which appears to not
cause the problem. Oh, I also deleted all the old profiles.
>   My actual question has to do with the control operator command.  On
this system, the only form of it that appears to work is K E,1 (delete 1
message). K E,1,10 - according to the Command Reference manual should delete
the first 10 action messages; but it gets rejected due to 'invalid range'.
My fingers got tired repeating k e,1 for every IRR405I that got generated.
>   Is this correct that only K E,1 should work?  Is there a better
procedure than this for dealing with the flood, short of punching out and
reipling? Will Daiske survive Yankee Stadium?