In a message dated 2/17/2007 7:53:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The key  point is it complicates an already complex environment!
I can see a use for  evaluation keys, but once the contract is signed, give
me a permanent key, and  use the

It's a value assessment based on risk and functionality. Back in the olden
days GRS just couldn't cut it in a JES3 environment especially. So we found
MXI(now MIM) from Allen Systems. It was great in many respects. Down side was
without electronic delivery or notification the contract office would get the
updates a couple weeks in advance then it would trickle down to those who
needed  to apply them. The really perverse nature is that it would run past the
end of  expiration until it hit somebody's birthday-usually one of Medici's.
Vlad the  Impaler, Lizzie Borden also in the mix.

As Bruno suggests it can be a motivator/incentive for software cleanup and
review that probably should have been done months ago. That's our job. The
ISV's want to protect intellectual property and trade secrets. That's there
job.
It complicates upgrades and DR but it's all doable with planning. My favorite
 vendor mechanism is IBI's. Keys required but they give a thirty day
grace period for DR so usually can get in and get out before really have to
do anything.

The silver bullet would be a magic decoder ring on the HMC that says this
can run and this can't. Doubt we'll see that anytime  soon.