Couple of ideas pop:

1.  Reclassify "license refresh" as a non-update.

2.  Connect the production system to the outside world and let the
ISV product talk to the ISV website server thing to verify license
and dynamically update the license (e.g., "call home").

Jeffrey D. Smith
Principal Product Architect
Farsight Systems Corporation
700 KEN PRATT BLVD. #204-159
LONGMONT, CO 80501-6452
303-774-9381 direct
303-484-6170 FAX
http://www.farsight-systems.com/
see my résumé at my website (yes, I am looking for employment)