In a recent note, john gilmore said:

> Date:         Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:08:18 +0000
>
> I instead judge anyone who cannot read (and write) Roman numerals
> subliterate.

I expected no less of you.  I can moderate my hyperbole: they're
a part of our culture; as such their teaching belongs in Social
Studies class rather than in Mathematics.

We should remember that even the Romans didn't use Roman numerals
for computation (if I'm correct).  I believe they used abaci.
(Second declension?  Or fourth?  Never mind the accusative case.)

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL