I really don't think too many American companies are moving mainframe computers to foreign countries, unless the business presence in the foreign country demands a mainframe. I have to believe that most companies want their mainframe at home on American soil where it is safe, and easy to communicate with.

Does anyone know of any American businesses who have outsourced their mainframe to a foreign country to cut costs when they have little business presence in that country?

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Lands End
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That's why sysprogs are still wanted. However in India, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine.
That's result of telecommunication possibilities today.
American managers decide to move American computers to cheaper countries, just to lower the costs and provide greater profits to American shareholders. I prefer polish goods, but when polish are significantly more expensive, I choose imported ones.
BTW: It's matter of economy, not mainframes.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland