On Dec 1 2001, 3:14 pm, "John S. Giltner, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Blyme wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
>
> > I want to give one particular message-id a pink color.
> > <snip>
>
> Not sure, but if you have NetView you might be able to setup
automation
> to trap this message, slightly alter it the MSGID (stick ### in front
of
> it), change the color and re-issue with a new WTO.  I will have to
check
> and see if NetView can control the color of a WTO.

I understand I am responding to a really old message, but I have been
stuck on this very issue for the past few days and haven't been getting
the best of luck.

Unfortunately I have very limited Netview experience, but what am I
missing.. why doesn't this work?

(We are testing with "job ended" messages since they appear constantly
on the master console. The real msgid we would like to change is
$HASP050 for spool shortages.)

IF MSGID='$HASP395' THEN
   COLOR(RED);

I entered that as a new DSIPARM member, ran the AUTOTBL command and
successfully added it to the Automation Table, but the messages on the
master console never changed color. I ran a Netview report and verified
that the messages were being trapped, but it was as if the COLOR parm
simply did not function. (We are using Netview V1R4.)

I have also tried suppressing the original message and creating a
CNMCLST exec that generated a new WTO message with MSGGFGPA =
'00F20000'x (which means "make the message red"), but that also didn't
work.

The only thing that works is to create the custom message with a
descriptor code of 1.

Questions:
- Why doesn't "COLOR(RED)" work?
- Why doesn't MSGGFGPA work? (Would it have something to do with these
not being "MDB messages"? The Netview Automation manual says that
MSGGFGPA only works on those message types and not others.)
- How do I change the color of an existing message without creating a
new one? (ansd without using an MPF exit. My supervisor avoids exits for
maintenance reasons.)

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jason Wallace