"Veilleux, Jon L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
com>...
> We are running into issues with the volume of SMF records that we need

> to process. We create a GDG every day for that day's records.

> Occasionaly we run into contention issues during the day but mostly it

> hits us at the end of the day when we read the day's records from the

> GDG and split the output into various other tapes for specific
functions

> (accounting, performance, etc). While that job is reading the many
tapes

> created during the day, the GDG base is locked so our dump jobs are

> forced to wait which eventually causes lost SMF data.

> Has anyone else run into this problem? How are other shops handling
high

> SMF volumes?

> We have 4 SMF datasets on each LPAR. Two are 3000 cyl and two are 1500

> cyl.

> A side issue is that we are capturing DB2 trace records in SMF. We
have

> tried to turn them off but our performance area 'needs' them. We would

> like to move these records from SMF to GTF but we use MXG and were
told

> that MXG cannot handle input from GTF. Any ideas? Is anyone using MXG

> with GTF input?

> Thanks much for any help!

> Jon

We have our GDG datasets throughout the day created on Dasd. Depending
on your tape and dasd technology, this could speed up processing
considerably.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.
33014286