Brian,

I like the idea of downloadable web deliverable, too.  I'm open to any idea
that gets the function out to customers wanting relief earlier, rather than
later.

I've seen much larger SPEs that were reasonably stable, so I'm not inclined
to be as apprehensive as you seem to be.  And I suggested that z/OS 1.6 be
omitted, since it is off service in September even though I'm at a 1.6 shop
now.  (We will convert to 1.8 "soon".)  I wouldn't argue if IBM said that
1.7 was too much effort if they would commit to rolling it back to 1.8 this
year.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI