From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Clark Morris
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Confusing hardware platform configurations was Re: cpuids

On 28 Feb 2007 14:13:31 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>>A 2094-S18 could be many different models.
>
>Just like MIPS and MSUs, IBM is confusing the issue, rather than
helping us.

>If we, as mainframe experts, can't keep things straight, how can we
expect our management to?

>No wonder they want to move off!

If they move off because of confusing hardware configurations, what
platform is going to be any less confusing?  The Wintel platform
certainly has enough CPU variants to keep me confused and I doubt the
Unix platforms are much better.

>-
>Too busy driving to stop for gas!

intended exclusively
for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together
with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying,
disclosure
or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.