Thanks for the info.  Fortunately, I'm copying between 3390 devices only
so IEBCOPY without copymod should be fine.  I did try some tests, for
example I used copymod to copy my SYS1.LINKLIB and noticed the space
utilization decreased.  The linklib had been installed from a server pac
with a blksize=32760 and i was copying to a dataset with the same blksize
so I was confused by the utilization change.  Does copymod tidy up things
during the copy???