On Mar 3, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Ed Finnell wrote:

In a message dated 3/3/2007 12:04:52 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

There  were FBA Drives under DOS/VS. They were transparent to the
user/programs.  If it could be done then, why not now?

Err semi transparent.. the dos jcl had to be changed.. and if I recall it wasn't fun. We had a test system that we ran on a 4331 under VM and it was lets says interesting.

Ed

Likewise for VM/ESA 3340's, 3370's.
http://www.aol.com.