In a recent note, Walt Farrell said:

> Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:13:02 -0500
>
> On 3/5/2007 12:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >                                 ...  But in SDSF "SJ" while
> > EDITSET shows "Confirm Cancel" as disabled, SDSF still asks me
> > to confirm Cancel.
> >
> > ISPF really needs to get its act together.
>
> I would say that ISPF does have its act together, gil.  It allows

Not in my perception.  You're showing an unseemly excess of
employee loyalty.

> applications to run with different application prefixes, settings,
> variable pools, and commands.  You've described one of the effects of
> that flexibility.
>
> SDSF runs with a different application profile (ISF) than PDF does
> (ISR).  Thus the commands available are different, the settings are
> maintained separately, etc.
>
> You need to do the EDITSET (or any other action that sets profile
> variables) once for each different ISPF application you're using.

Do you, then, consider it correct, or a manifestation of "flexibility"
that EDITSET under SDSF displays "Confirm Cancel" as disabled, yet
the Cancel command itself still requests confirmation?

And "flexibility" can be a PITA when there's no global default
setting and the customer is required to do the profile setting
for each application, and suffers a high astonishment factor when
entering a seldom-used applicaton and encountering a deviation
from behavior that had generally been observed to be uniform and
stable.

Is there a way to make such settings globally rather than locally?
It would be great to have a checkbox that says "Apply these settings
to all applications."

-- gil
--
StorageTek