From: Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IEBCOPY question?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:22:52 -0600

Surprising comments coming from someone who has spent years in the
area of performance.

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:08:06 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Because some people actually care about speed of execution and CPU time.
>
>How often do you run this to the point that it makes a difference?

Often enough.

>>z9 cycles don't come cheap.
>
>But, optimising a few batch copies doesn't save much of that.

So you know my shop and how many times we execute IEBCOPY? Optimizing
a few lines of code doesn't matter either... unless you execute it
thousands of times.

>>Those of us trying to blead every mip
>
>MIPS is not a plural; MIP is not a singular

yeah, yeah...whatever.

--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO

Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN® Shopping. http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701