multiple LPAR's on the same Z/900.  Any help would be appreciated.

In performing SMP/E processing we ran into a D37-04 on the CBC.SCCNCMP
that resides on a SYSRES pack.  The same DSN is used on four other LPAR'S
on a z/900 running various levels of Z/OS.  The CBC.SCCNCMP on the other
LPAR'S are files unitque to that release of the Operating System.  When we
attempt to delete and define the file that needs more space, we get a
"DATASET in use by 10 users" message.  The other "users" are LLA and
XCFAS.  We assume this is because the dataset is named the same on the
other LPAR'S.

        How can I build a new PDSE named "CBC.SCCNCMP" on a single LPAR
without having to IPL?

Mark House
(402) 778-1966
Technical Development Services