George Dranes wrote:
I have a bit of a weird situation in which I'm running a clist in a step of a batch job. In this clist I'm reading an input file containing variables that I would like to use in the following steps of the same job. For example as datasetnames, PARM options etc. I hope I'm making sense. Is this possible? I'm open to any alternative options. Thanks for your help.

Not gonna' happen. By the time the CLIST is running,
all the rest of the JCL has been converted.

However, your CLIST could write JCL to the internal
reader after variable substitution.

Even better, if batch ISPF is an option: use file
tailoring services.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

-- to be included in our opt-in list of announcements of
-- new courses and other products and services from The
-- Trainer's Friend, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]