Searching IBM-MAIN I see discussions of the problems of VSAM on SYSRES and
cloning, particularly when moving the volume to a system with a different
MCAT.

Trying to follow the IBM direction to replace HFS with ZFS, we have the
issue again of a VSAM (albeit LDS) dataset on the IPL set.

Has anyone gone here? We'd like to be able to completely prep the volumes
from the lower "tier" and then move them up rather than have processing
that has to happen on the production system to introduce the new root.

Regards,
Dan Ahler