>I avoid PDSE's like the plague.

PDSE's were great until IBM decided to support them as non-SMS constructs.
They took an (elegant) implementation and screwed it up with dual code-streams
and other unnatural acts to force it into that environment.

When they first came out, I used them all the time.
But, since 2004, I have converted everything back to PDS.

It scares me that IBM is delivering product that requires PDSE's!
What's going to happen to the 'Zero Downtime' in z/OS?

We have integrity issues with PDSE at least once a month (and, I don't mean
management's integrity!).

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!