I just got this announcement that the 3490-F1A (and others) will be
going off maintenance services on June 30, 2007.

It seems to me that 3 months is rather short notice that you can't get
service from IBM (I know you can probably get 3rd party maint).  What if
you have a long term contract?  Am I misunderstanding something?

I checked the Announcement letters and saw no other reference to
dropping maint.

http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/897/ENUS907-053/ENUS907053.PD

Periodically, IBM provides notice to customers of plans to terminate
maintenance services for machines under an IBM Agreement. At this
time, we are providing notice that machine type 3490, models FC0, F00,
F01, F1A, and F11 will be discontinued from maintenance services,
effective June 30, 2007.

IBM will send no further correspondence of this nature for these
machines.

Effective date
June 30, 2007

Ken Porowski