On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:20:20 -0500, Eric N. Bielefeld wrote:

>I didn't know Vista allowed that.

Actually, Vista32 is even smarter than that -- it allows you to specify the
wheel use but the default is that "wheelup" triggers PF7 and "wheeldown"
triggers PF8.  (You can't reprogram the wheel using the keyboard editor but
you can override the settings of the "WheelUp" and "WheelDown" variables in
Vista.ini during startup.)

I have discovered that very high-speed wheel usage may disconnect me from
the NVAS sessions where I'm working now.  I could probably prevent that by
replacing wheelup and wheeldown with macros that insert a small delay into
the process... or I can just slow down a wee bit and not be bothered.
(Vista32's wheel support can send a LOT of PF7's or PF8's really quickly!)

-Disclaimer:  I have no connection to Vista32 or TomBrennanSoftware.com
other than being a satisfied customer.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI